Saturday, June 12, 2010

DAD

There is a love that is so incredibly strong and connected that it need not be spoken.
A love like this... you can try and try and try. It will not be broken.
Even when the greatest separation comes in and tries to yank it apart.
Yes, even death cannot steal the love that abounds between me and my dad's heart.
I can't see you anymore, but I know where you are.
I can't touch you anymore, but I know you aren't far.
You are there. You're in that place where there is no sad, no tears, no pain.
You're in that place where all sorrow is washed away and Jesus did yesterday, does today and will forever reign.
I miss you, Pops. Miss you indeed.
But there ain't nothing like being with the King of kings.
There is a love that even with a plethora of words you cannot define.
I have it known it with you Dad, and now as you stand in the throneroom of God you can say,
"THIS LOVE IS MINE!"






8 comments:

  1. I'm truly bummbed I didn't get to meet ur dad here on earth but I can't wait to meet him in heaven.. I bet ur dad is beastiest of the beastly and has one gorgeous daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dad is a great man and he reigns with our lord jesus. LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jade! Your dad is right there smiling at you with the love in his eyes that you have seen all your life..I love you Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie chartrand dekelaitaJune 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM

    Thank you Jade,There is nothing that compares your father's love for his children. Your poem is a fitting tribute to a wonderful father. I will miss him dearly,but knowing him as i do, i also know he is with the king of kings.much love and appreciation for this beautiful poem. I love you Jade, Grandma Dekelaita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jade, thats deep, and so well spoken. You know, you have a real talent. I bet your pops is so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly awesome poem Jade.....anyone that has had to let their father go to heaven knows what it is like....and you summed it up so perfectly. Heaven is going to be so AWESOME...the biggest family reunion ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a love so so beautiful to claim between you and your dad!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jade: I don't know you and I didn't know your dad. I knew your mom many years ago when were kids in LaMarque. I've seen your website and witnessed your humor and talent. Now, with this tribute to your father, I've witnessed your heart. I am no one that is qualified to judge talent but I know it when I see it. I see it in you. Your father is most assuredly looking down upon you with a smile so broad, a heart so full of pride and feeling of "I did good!" God bless you for the young LADY you truly are. Please convey my heartfelt sorrow to your family over the passing of your dad. Keep up the awesome work, Jade. You are going places. Mark A. Reid

    ReplyDelete