Saturday, December 10, 2011

No More Funerals For My Faith


The enemy will laugh each time the world gets dressed in black
As they have come together to mourn the works my faith did lack.
The vile one with all of his men will celebrate with mean smirks.
As each day a casket is lowered that reads, "Faith Without Works."
If faith without works is dead, and it is, then faith with works is ALIVE.
To set an end to these funerals for my faith, I believe that I must dive.
Dive, without regret, into action, stripping myself of excuses.
Coming into a full understanding that when I don’t act, the Kingdom of Heaven loses.
We must be the ones that snatch from hell, mend the broken, and feed the poor.
We must, in all of its literal meaning, extend our hands to touch lives, and do nothing but more.
We must tell our selfishness to rest in peace as we watch it die.
There is a true soul problem if it is too close a friend to say goodbye.
We must be like the Kingdom that which we wish to see on earth.
We must take this life we have been given and give it Kingdom worth!
There is no other way to do this except to become a servant.
Have eyes like Christ – be ever so observant.
And when you see the need of hurting people, just do.
Do all you can the best you can and watch God show up too!
Faith with works can change the world. This I do believe.
This is the goal we, as the body of Christ, must aim to achieve.

Works,
Come alive!
Take the depths of my soul and make it thrive.
Make my bones move and make my hands reach.
Let my words heal and let my words teach.
Make these knees bow and make these hands write.
Make this body WORK with all of its might. 

No comments:

Post a Comment