Sunday, August 23, 2015

Not A Single One.


Fiery darts, trials, tribulations, lying tongues.
Not a single one will have power to steal the breath of purpose in my lungs.

Whispers of fears of failures that may come.
They only set me to running to finish the course I've begun.

Poke of a lie. Prick of a doubt.
Slaughter them both with a King's daughter's shout.

Images of darkness hover as a threat.
Your shadows only prove the Light so my mind is set.

A goal so evil, to penetrate my heart.
An objective so wicked, to rip my destiny apart.

But, here’s the thing. I’m not sure you knew.
I’ve already trampled over you.

Throw your accusations. Tell me all the wrong I’ve done.
I’ll redirect your attention to the blood, the cross, the Son.

You breathe lies. Each one a scorching dart. 
I stand, not running one step, as they soar toward my heart. 

I watch them fly, their flames getting bigger as they come close.
Fearless. Steadfast. For this battle, it’s me God chose.

The enemy’s jaw drops as the arrows fall dead in front of my feet.
Didn’t move an inch. Didn’t run. Didn’t hide. Still got you beat.

His eyes widen as he takes notice of The Sword lodged in his chest.
Thrown by simple confession. The heart of hell hasn’t seen my best.

You send your fiery darts in attempt to damage my faith.
But it’s interesting. They only serve to stir me toward my destiny. Checkmate.

Listen. No whisper. GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN ME.
You were thrown down. He was exalted, lifted on a tree.

Yeah, I’ve heard every lying word you’ve said.
But each one of them died when Jesus resurrected from the dead.

In Him, I always triumph.
Flip the switch. I’m the giant.

Fiery darts, trials, tribulations, lying tongues.
Not a single one will have power to steal the breath of purpose in my lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment