Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Death Has Died


Death, you have died, and I don't grieve.
I close the casket with no bitter mourning up my sleeve. 

I bring no note, no card, no flowers.
I read no eulogy to rehearse your past powers. 

I won't stay in the sanctuary and respectfully remember you.
No, I wont dare sit down and take my place in a pew. 

You won't find me with tears lingering at the reception. 
Death, you have died and with you, your deception. 

As I close the casket, what do I see?
Dead, with no breath to breathe, it's the old selfish me. 

Where Christ was hung, where He bled, where He died.
That's where the worst part of me was crucified. 

Death, you have died, and I lower you to your grave. 
I'm alive in Christ, the One who is mighty to save! 

I am dead no longer and no longer will I die.
Through Him and through His love, I am justified.

Death, I wish that you could see that there is truth in what I’ve said.
But that’s not going to happen. You’re already dead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment