Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Brave Enough To Die


Point your fingers, growl and laugh. Make mockery of the cross.
Perhaps you’re too strong to hang on it, where all of your gain becomes loss.

Look! They’re bloody, bruised, beaten and scorned.
Perhaps you’re too mighty for your pride to be murdered and mourned.

What a fool! Who would choose naked humiliation hanging from a tree?
With our heads turned in disgust, all of us declare, “Not me!”

You can’t move your arms or your legs! You’ve chosen to be restricted!
Perhaps you’re too powerful to live the life of the convicted.

You gave up your majesty to die poor? Insanity!
Perhaps you’re too wealthy to crucify your vanity.

Rescue yourself! You’re God! Call on your Kingdom to save you!
Give up your rights. Perhaps you’re too brave to.

I was strong enough to come to the cross but not strong enough to get on it.
Why would I? It would slaughter my selfish ambition and confidently flaunt it.

I was brave enough to kneel before it but not brave enough die.
I was wise enough to admire it but not wise enough to bid myself goodbye.

I was mighty enough to bring my shame but not mighty enough to bring everything in my possession.
I was convinced enough to believe in the Christ of the cross but not convinced enough to make Him my obsession.

His indescribable love compelled me to have courage to climb.
I made my way up and lost everything that was mine.

He stretched out my arms and to His will and His way I am bound.
My feet are pinned. The Jade running after her own desires can no longer be found.

The greatest power I have ever known was found in dying to me.
Freedom that cannot be described, true freedom, is mine for Eternity.

I made my way onto the cross, in Jesus’ name.
In Christ, I found the courage to hang upon it, where all my loss becomes gain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment