Monday, August 9, 2010

MOM

Mom.
Remember when you got me ready for prom?
You made sure I had the best dress, the best hair, the best shoes, everything. You were the bomb!

Liz.
Remember when you were all up in my biz?
Checkin up on me 24/7. BLOWIN up my phone when you became a textin whiz.

Friend.
Remember when we would sing in the car, be loud, laugh and grin?
Any time I have been down you have been able lighten my spirits and lift up my chin.

Role model.
You have helped me choose to never smoke, never drug it, never even pick up a bottle.
You have taught me to live my life full force, all the way, full throttle!

You have from day one supported all of my dreams.
You have taught me to be me until i'm bursting from the seams.

You push me, push me, push me until I am about to fall down.
But I never do fall. I find myself soaring miles and miles above the ground.

I can laugh with you like I can with no one else.
You have taught me the house will catch on fire if I leave a candle burning until it melts!!!!!

One thing I really love about you Mom
is that you support JADEDEKELAITA.COM.

I also love your ability to laugh.
If we tried to calculate the volume of it, it'd go right off of the graph.

I also love the strength that you display.
Sure you cry during cheesy commercials and dramatic moments in a play.
But the inner, unspoken strength that you have shown me
is what makes me the woman I am known to be.

Mom, I am so incredibly proud that you are my mother.
I literally, absolutely, without a doubt would never wish to have another.

You know me better than any living being.
You have seen the good, the bad and the ugly and still love everything you're seeing.

So, I don't know. I don't know exactly what to say?
Thank you and I love you seem so cliche.

Mom, you aren't perfect and sometimes you lack the cool.
But if I could tell the world the truth. It'd be this: I want to be just like you.

6 comments:

  1. lloved it but I'm wondering where is am blog at

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Jade, Liz I know you are so proud, Miss having you both in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love evrything you write, but I love it more when I'm a part of it lol!!! You are truly a gift from God! I love you!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, let me try this again since I just wrote a history lesson here and lost it because I wasn't registered! Now what was it I said? Jade, your mother deserves to have you as her daughter. I've known her since the day she was born. Remember the day Grandma brought her home from the hospital and held her all cuddled up in a baby blanket as I peeked at her tiny face and asked why she was so red. I never imagined she and I would share so many years together but here we are. Thank you for giving her all this credit. She loves you and Joey very much and you two are the ones who can bring happy tears to her eyes quicker than anyone. My baby sister has grown to become a wonderful mother and though I only spanked her once, I helped make her that way. I love you, Fannie

    ReplyDelete