Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Limits Lost. My Kingdom Crumbled.

I approached my territory and found my borders had been torn down.
All of the signs marking my limits were trampled to the ground.

I ran to the house that I built and found it had been ripped apart.
I ran to gather my tools for a new start, and discovered they had been thrown into the depths of the sea's heart. 

I scurried to my blueprint and found it drowned in water, the ink gone.
I reached for a pen only to find them broken to pieces in the lawn. 

I fled toward my flag, the banner that shouted of my strength and power. 
I cried out as I saw it burning, yanked from the heights of the highest tower. 

I fell to my knees astonished. Who was raging war against me and why?
I watched through tears as a new banner was lifted: "KING OF YOUR LIFE"

From the top of my lungs, I shouted, "What are you doing to me?!"
With a voice that shook my bones, HE answered, "I am setting you free!"

Behind me a hammer struck, loud and demanding.
I turned to see a new foundation had been laid and there the King was standing. 

I stood to my feet as the Holy touched the impure.
What I built, excellent to the world, by Heaven's standard needed a cure.

My jaw dropped as I realized the Perfect was building in a broken land.
He came to save me from me, establishing a house that would eternally stand. 

His banner raised, His house built, His blueprint now my plan.
My banner down, my house crumbled, my blueprint surrendered to the Son of Man.

There by my feet was His outline, I opened it and my heart leapt in my chest.
Surely my eyes were looking at the sacred, this was Heaven's best! 

My eyes jumped to His, He smiled wide.
I couldn't imagine such brilliance being for me, my spirit screamed inside.

I grabbed the hand of the One who tore down the shallow comfort of my kingdom.
I looked at my ruins and He asked, "Are you sure you're ready to leave them?"

"Yes, but before I do, there's one thing I inquire.
Please, Lord, if we can, if at all possible, let's lift your banner much higher."

The crumble of my kingdom was the beginning of my destiny.
Know this: When you look at Him, you're looking at the best of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment