Sunday, March 27, 2016

"If He Only Knew." - The Father

I know He thinks I've forsaken Him because He is face to face with His fate.
If only He knew I had to turn a deaf ear in order to make Him great. 

I know He thinks He I am gone from Him because He is numb with pain.
If only He know I had to reject Him in order to accept you in your shame. 

I know He thinks I've abandoned Him because He can no longer hear my voice.
If only He knew I had to shut up in order to give you Salvation's choice. 

I know He thinks I've turned my back on Him because He can no longer feel my touch.
If only He knew I had to walk away from Him because I love you so very much. 

I know He thinks I can no longer hear Him because He screams out loud at the sky. 
If only He knew how proud I was. My holy and royal Son, for sinners, would die. 

I know He thinks I can longer see Him because I've let them beat Him beyond measure.
If only He knew in only three days He would enter into His greatest treasure. 

I know He thinks I no longer love Him because of the nails ripping through His skin.
If only He knew because of His obedience, He was wiping away the world's sin. 

I know He thinks I have left Him because He hangs like a murderer to die.
But I know my Son will soon see I never left, not for one second, as I am living on the inside. 

I live inside of Him, His motivation to endure the cross.
I live inside of Him. All will be gain, my Son! All will be gain that You have lost!  

I live inside of Him, His ability to say, "Forgive them" as they beat nails through His wrists.
I live inside of Him, His ability to love them as they disfigure His face with their fists. 

I live inside of Him, His perseverance to not die until it is finished. 
I live inside of Him. In all of His misery, not one single person did He diminish! 

I live inside of Him, His courage to remain on the cross when He could call angels to slay His opposition.
I live inside of Him, His supernatural strength to complete His impossible mission.

Jesus, my Son. If He only knew. 
On the other side of His agony would be a forgiven, a holy, and a sinless YOU. 

No comments:

Post a Comment