Sunday, March 27, 2016

"Seven Devils I Knew." - Mary Magdalene


Do you know a devil? Have you encountered one, even two?
Some called me sick, some called me slut, but Jesus called me Mary when seven devils I knew.

Do you know the torment I bore in the depths of my soul?
Do you know what it feels like to have within your heart a vast, gaping hole?

Do you know the feeling of being on Hell’s playground?
Do you know what it feels like to walk into a room and whispers lash out all around?

Have you known a devil? One or maybe two?
All rejected me when seven devils I knew.

I forgot my name. I didn’t know who I was.
I was what they called me, right? Oh, how Hell had me in the grip of its claws!

This one used me, and that one used me too.
Jesus loved me when seven devils I knew.

Seven evil voices, and they all hated me.
Seven monsters with their hands in front of my eyes, I was blind! I couldn’t see!

Many people had many names for me, the woman who knew Hell as her husband.
But Jesus called me by name in the midst of the seven and right then He stunned them.

He made the seven devils I knew come to know me.
I was not sick. I was no slut. I was God’s daughter, Mary.

On the day of His resurrection, He spoke to me first. I know it’s unbelievable, but it’s true!
The King that conquered death, Hell, and the grave came to the woman who seven devils she knew!

He sent me, the one who knew seven devils, to tell the disciples He had risen.
He sent me to share the news of Freedom, the one who had been locked up in Hell’s prison!

He made me the first preacher of the Resurrected Son. He sent me to declare, “All things are made new!”
Yes. He sent me, Mary, who seven devils I knew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment