Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Buccees Stop

I was sitting in a buccees parking lot at 11:24pm parked in between those yellow parking lines.
My eyes were shifting between the dip n dots and beaver neon signs.
I was tired from the driving and ready to be home.
I wanted to get out of the car and see something different. Maybe a gnome?
I was slowly getting irriated. Angry with the concrete road.
I was sick and tired of seeing the oh so common splattered body of the toad.
The music was getting boring. The voices of the singers getting lame.
About the buccees stop and the stupid neon signs, I felt the same
I fiddling with this thing hanging around my neck.
Then, You said it. You said it and it was in a moment that I did not expect.
The fiddling stopped and I sat still because I was instantly stolen.
I was second base and you were Nolan.
Sometimes I forget that you are in the car with me.

I forget that you are everywhere even though your figure I cannot see.
You swept me, captured me just like you always do.
I said it aloud back to you.
But just in case you didn't hear let me say it again, "I love you too."

2 comments:

  1. im lost who do u love

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favorite part "The music was getting boring. The voices of the singers getting lame."

    ReplyDelete