Sunday, May 9, 2010

What?!?

I am wondering that too.
"Like, seriously, what's wrong with you?"
Ever heard someone say that?
In their instant anger, they spit it and then its spat.
And you start wondering, what's wrong with me?
What is this thing about me I cannot see?
Something is wrong. I must fix!
Then, you sit and ponder about it over a twix.
Am I too thug? Too Punk? Too nerd?
Am I too me? That's absurd!
What is it? What is so incredibly bad?
I am out of fashion? Out of style? A bad fad?!
They asked it didn't they? They asked it straight!
I don't know what's wrong with me. What is it they hate?
I bet it's my style and my hair that's not long enough.
Man! I can't fix all of this, you think, I can't fix all this stuff.
How can my wrong be made right?
I got an idea! Be exactly who you are with every single ounce of your might. 
Be thug. Be punk. Be nerd.
Why wouldn't you? That's absurd! 
Then, in the moment when that question gets spat.
Answer just like this. Lean to the side and tilt your hat.
"Like, seriously, what's wrong with you?"
Say it direct. Say it bold. Say it true.
With that, you will have a quick fix.
They will leave you alone and be on their way to get a twix.
There is something they are going to have to ponder.
"What is wrong with me? Really, what is wrong with me I wonder?"


2 comments:

  1. dude.. i need you to speak to my kid one day when i have my youth center for troubled kids. and own the world largest florist shop and and be the world most fame event planner

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet.
    ceautiful.
    I wish I could rhyme, bunches

    ReplyDelete